Sunday, July 13, 2008

Raising Kids

I know every other person does it... raises kids... but, no matter how many families I observe, books I read, prayers I lift up, doctors I talk to or experts I listen to, its still DAILY a full on Question mark... What major decision will I have to make today for one of them. What major amounts of prayer will I need to spend before I can tell them 'yes' or 'no'... what 'owie' will I bandage up today and will it take more than a bandaid (like~ God forbid, a stressful run to Udon Thani?)
I should mention that normally I do Not walk in anxiety. Maybe life here in Laos is layed back enough and their exposure to western ways is limited enough that I am able to be semi-stress free. Once in a while the name 'Nintendo Wii' pops up and the house is a whirlwind of activity about how to get one. While I know Nothing about them, Im pretty sure if its the latest thing its going to cost my right arm to get one. :) How do you answer a question like that?! Does anyone else get complaints at the 'we will see' comment? or the 'Lets all pray about it'? Im sure the kids think its a cop-out and that Im not even interested in trying, but they dont understand our perspective do they? Its the same with Harry Potter. I am NOT a fan of HP... and so far, Ive had an occasional 'can we watch it etc...' comment but no begging or pleading etc... (helps to not be surrounded by it I guess). Its popped up again in conversation.. do we , dont we? While I can see walking my teens through it, our family basically doesnt watch anything that the whole family cant watch.. Anyone else out there like that? And while #1 might be fun and lighthearted (so Ive heard), I think the later ones are darker etc.. do I Want to open the whole closet?
MY guess is that everyone out there BUT me has seen them and you will have no idea what in the world Im doing to my kids. :) Trust me, my kids can quote practically every movie out there including LOTR.. I just find HP different in nature. Sigh.
Ok, thinking on paper. Time to get the tribe up and rolling. I love life. I love my kids and I love questions. Its great to not have everything figured out isnt it? I guess thats what keeps us close to Father.
oooohhh, my punkin' Olivia just came out of bed and said 'bonjour' then kissed me on both sides of my cheeks, LOVING this am so far~!
blessings,
Jen

No comments: