So, we had a TOTALLY fun evening last night. I get a skype blurb from Alex Busskohl (although Jerry Federle would like credit for letting them know!) :) and it says 'Hey, Matt Lauer is in Laos somewhere talking live......' after asking a couple questions I realize he is literally around the corner from us. I yell for Dave who had just pulled in from taking the boys swimming and tell him to hurry and see if he is still at the That Luang (huge temple) and he takes off with boys in tow. ( I was sick that I had to stay for a mtg that never ended up happening)...
Dave calls a few minutes later saying sure enough, Matt was broadcasting 60 ft. in front of him and they were going to stick around watch. SSSOOOO cool!
I jump back on skype and tell my brother Jon and Alex to call friends and family and let them know the boys were there -in case- they happened to get to be on or in the background etc... No more than 3 minutes later, Matt actually mentions live that there are loads of tourists in Laos, but also US folks who live here. He has time to say hi to a few and Nathaniel is one of them! He just said his name and that he was from Norfolk, Ne. but he and DAve were ON!! Dave said there were several people in a line there, but that when he saw Dave with all the boys he scooted past the rest and came to them- hehehe
Anyway, David got about 4 pics of Matt and then the batteries died. Sigh. He did go up to Matt later, shake his hand and talk for a second, but he didnt think of getting a pic of him and the boys until later! oh well.
Once I realized my mtg. wasnt happening I jumped in the car with Olivia and went myself. They were just finishing up and getting ready to leave, so I just watched, but it was sooo fun to see the crew of NBC and all the behind the scenes guys. It was a great experience for the kids and they were totally thrilled with having that happen to them!
We also think it was a brilliant opportunity for Laos to be 'discovered'. I would challenge everyone to go to the Today show webpage and watch the little blurbs they did on Laos and its people while here. It is very well done of course and will give you a beautiful insight into the country. Unfortunately, Nathaniels milli-second of fame isnt on as it was not done in the first hour of the broadcast.
1 comment:
Wow! That's so cool! I'm sure my Today-Show-obsessed mother is completely jealous.
Post a Comment