Monday, May 25, 2009

Little piggy, little piggy....

The three little pigs has taken on a whole new meaning for me. I just ate the three little pigs. Jack ate this ones tail. It was crunchy. oooohhhh. We just had a 'goodbye' party for a dear co-worker at Candlelight this past weekend and this was the 'special' dinner, alongside yummy Lao kabobs and springrolls. Everyone raced to get pics of these guys and so I took advantage and snapped a few myself. Pork is actually our main meat staple here alongside chicken. In fact, we dont eat beef here, but THIS poor pork, was just hard to eat.. I think it was seeing all of his bits and pieces still intact made it a bit more real than just buying your shoulder at the market. :)

A Lao teacher who works at Candlelight and a friend. Kham (on the left) is Davids Lao tutor. He is an awesome guy who follows Father and has the most beautiful smile ever!

Somphou, Phuee, Sodachan, Nate, Jack, Bounlom ~ workers and good friends from Candlelight
Bee and Carolyn.. Bee is a sister
Typical Jack manning the kabobs

Jenny Bajema and her friends.. sep te!!!
Thats it folks! :) hugs to all ~ Jen

1 comment:

Jill said...

I just got caught back up on your last few entries. I loved the one about the hourglass - so true!! I've had so much fun getting to see your parents recently and since we're less than an hour from DC now, we're hoping to see you and your family in August when you're there. Love you all!