No pics today... Today, I am sitting in a new Vientiane cafe called 'True Coffee' with my man. We are veggin'. Probably more than we should. Its a holiday today and we spent the am taking our tribe to Joma for breakfast and then ran errands... Gabe got a few new pants and shirt at some outside vendor for a few bucks and we picked up some groceries.. typical things families do. David and I then dropped them off at home in the care of our very reliable (ahem....) teen boys and went for coffee so we can have some talk time and find a place to use our computer and work. Internet is still down at home and I have given up trying to get it fixed.
But, now its early afternoon and we are sitting in some comfy chairs with our coffee, jazz music playing, and Dave is in another dimension and zone... apparently in the last couple of weeks the Cafe has added a flat screen tv. up on the wall and Premiere League is on... I think Dave will leave having gotten no work done, but feeling rested. :)
We have been thinking about our next week and all the things we slotted in without realizing that they fell on the same weekend. Oops! David agreed to speak on Sun. pm, but didnt remember he has exams to write and give this week at school, and since a Senior in our Inside/Out group just told us he was leaving on the 9th, we are rushing to have a goodbye party for him and basically all 4 Seniors on the 8th in the pm. Sat. pm we will have a coffee house for Candlelight, but this time not at our house. That will help for sure! My biggest concern out of it all is that Dave will get time to work on his sermon since I know he takes lots of serious time for it the week before.
However, even with all of our 'yikes we are busy' thoughts, I feel we are layed back compared to many friends. I wonder when we get to the US, how we will be able to fit in and how the boys will handle the level of activity others run at, but they wont necessarily be able to join. Maybe it will be different than I think.. its always so much harder to plan when your 1/2 way around the world and cant see it.
Im holding out right now for Australia and my time there with Nathaniel. I keep praying that G would REVEAL, REVEAL, to him..... I think Im asking Him to reveal His purpose for Nathaniels future, His vision for Nate in ministry and His great Love over Nate. I know N is ready to receive it.
Ok, lots of work to do. Just wanted to say hi and think a bit outloud.
Jen
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment