Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beautiful, Beautiful Baptism!!









What a ceremony Baptism is! I love everything about it. Friends, water, music, and the inevitable overwhelming joy and Smile of the one baptised as they practically spring from the water. Ive been to many dunkings around the world. Ive sat through normal church settings with the tub filled part way and its usually situated atop a platform of sorts.. Ive been to the family cabin and seen our two eldest sons brave the frigid cold crick with their dad in front of just a few friends and family in order to engage in Obedience. Ive seen dunkings in the Ucayali River off the Amazon, thick with wama, and watched MK's take the plunge. There have been many other places, but I was remembering that no matter where I have been, I cannot think of a time when the one going under doesnt come up expressing utter joy in some physical appearance! Not only is the physical change different than when they started (soaking wet from all dry!) but there is definately a 'sense' of 'Ive just done something grand'.
Isaak was baptized this past Sunday. This one took place in a pool. Isaak is 11 and we have been talking about this for months knowing the opportunity was going to come. While nervous for the longest time, he finally acknowledged that when it came down to it 'God said to do it, and I cannot wait.' When he came up from the water, he started giggling and I was able to capture some of it. I asked him about it later and his comment was 'I know mom, I just had to laugh, I FELT different and am SO glad I didnt wait.' ' I feel different somehow'. It was precious and a sweet moment for our family. Just wanted to share with you. :)

No comments: